Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Challenges

Along with the exciting post of possible changes yesterday come challenges that I feel. I think my biggest struggle is Kaden. I know that it was the best thing ever to hold Kaden back and that getting glasses for him has brought him back to where he should be. I am grateful for that and the fact that the only problem was his glasses. Thank the Lord it was nothing more. I still struggle with his poor eyesight and pray it doesn't get worse but I am grateful that poor eyesight is all it appears to be! =)

I have recently found that EVERYTHING revolves around a child's grade in school (cub scouts, AWANAS, Sunday school, certain sports...everything) This has been hard for me because most of his friends continued on grade wise while we held Kaden back. So now that means his closest friends are a grade ahead of him so they are no longer in any groups anymore. This has been a huge struggle for me and for Kaden. He doesn't understand why his friends who are the same age and some younger are in older classes. It hurts me and I know it hurts him. I don't know how to deal with it or what to say anymore. I am hurting with him. After finally realizing this the other day, it made me realize that this is why I would not mind moving away from Flagstaff, that way Kaden can start over with friends who don't know he was held back. To me it seems like that will be easier for Kaden and for me. I know that this is no reason to move but it is VERY appealing! =)

We are still praying about Josh's job and where it will lead us. Josh has an interview tomorrow at one company and a meeting at his current job so we will see where this leads. Josh is also applying for a couple positions within Gore tomorrow. So it is exciting to see if any of these jobs lead anywhere. We are also going to begin the process of seeing if there is anything in Purina even if it is not in AZ. We are hoping to find something here but we will see where God directs us! =)

No comments:

Our Texas trip

Our Texas trip
Scared of the Goats

Chasing the goats and sheep

Catching Kaden on the rope swing

Staying away from the water

Yes this is a deer at the house!

The Alamo

The Alamo
Kaden and Mommy

Ashton and Mommy