Monday, July 20, 2009

Prayer Please

Well I just found out last week that my cervix is already starting to shorten. Since I am only a little over 20 weeks this can be a serious problem as it can put me into preterm later causing a miscarriage. The cervix should not start shortening until right before delivery so even a little bit of shortening can be serious. There is a possibility that I will be put on some nasty drugs to stop the contractions and I could possibly be put on bed rest. I am of course concerned about losing this baby but am praying that my cervix will stop shortening and that I will have a healthy baby born at term.

So we officially decided not to find out what we are having this time, so that I wont be as disappointed when we have another boy. I am sure it is a boy but I would rather find out after I have him and can see him, so then I wont have the disappointment. The baby looked great on the ultrasound, so the only concern now is my cervix.

3 comments:

Hulls Clan said...

We will be praying for you and the baby beth! keep us posted!
love you,
scott & anne

steve said...

I don't know what a cervix is but I'm praying it will stop shortening!! :-) Love you guys and will be praying for you and your baby's health.

joshbeth said...

Thanks for the prayers you guys!

Our Texas trip

Our Texas trip
Scared of the Goats

Chasing the goats and sheep

Catching Kaden on the rope swing

Staying away from the water

Yes this is a deer at the house!

The Alamo

The Alamo
Kaden and Mommy

Ashton and Mommy