Saturday, November 21, 2009

Welcome to the world Brennan!!!

On Thursday, November 19th 2009 at 9:31 pm we welcomed Brennan Christopher W. Jensen into the world. He is a healthy and beautiful little boy with dark eyes. Brennan was 20 inches long and weighed 6 pounds and 3 ounces. He was anxious to get out and we were lucky that we made it to the hospital.

On Thursday, I started feeling contractions around 4 ish, they started becoming more consistent around 5:30 ish and were around 3 min apart around 8:30. I still was not convinced to go to the hospital but with my brother telling me I needed to go, I finally decided I would call Josh at work and head over there. We got to the hospital at 9:13pm, made it to our room at 9:20pm, and he made his entrance at 9:31pm. It was really quick that no one else made it to the hospital and the only reason a Dr delivered was because he had been called in, to deliver another baby. Since the other baby wasn't ready to come out he quickly delivered Brennan and then left in order to deliver the other baby. It was very exciting hearing for the first time that we had a baby boy and as soon as the Dr announced this, Brennan peed all over the Dr., most of the nurses, and me. The Dr and nurses said that they have NEVER seen a newborn pee this much ever. It was pretty funny!

It was also fun to see the look on my parents and Josh's parents faces when they walked into the room and realized that the baby was already here. I was bummed that my mom missed it, especially since she has been at all my other deliveries.

Brennan is doing great although his Billirubbin levels are off so he has to lay on a billi blanket until told otherwise by the Dr. Since he has to be on this blanket we are patiently waiting for the company to bring us a rental blanket over so we can go home and see the boys. We will post pictures soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are Brennan's billi levels? And when would be an okay day for me to walk over and see you guys for a few minutes? :)

joshbeth said...

He is good and off the machine now. Give me a call anytime you want to come by we are usually at home.

Our Texas trip

Our Texas trip
Scared of the Goats

Chasing the goats and sheep

Catching Kaden on the rope swing

Staying away from the water

Yes this is a deer at the house!

The Alamo

The Alamo
Kaden and Mommy

Ashton and Mommy