Wednesday, October 22, 2008

FINALLY RESULTS AND AN ELK TOO! =)

Well finally on Friday I got the news I have been waiting for, and of course the doctor called early in the morning on the First day of hunting season! =) Well she said I have changes on my spine, pause________ but no MS. What a praise, but I do have what is called Syrinx which is a spinal disorder and I was either born with it or got it in an accident. It can also be caused from a tumor but it sounds like that is not the case with me. This can cause some of the numbness, tinglyness, and weird feelings but not all of them! The hands are definitely not from them, so we still have to figure that out! But at this point it doesn't sound too severe. The Syrinx can get bad to where it would require surgery but it doesn't sound like it is going that way either. So I am just so excited that the news was way better then expected! So that started my weekend off with a bang! (literally)

On Saturday night my hunting buddy Lena got herself a big elk, which was awesome. Of course I was bummed because I didn't get one but I was so excited for her and the fact that she had a kill shot at over 200 yards. She did awesome especially for her first time.

So then I went out hunting more and finally on Monday we went to the same spot that Lena got her elk, and we sat and waited. Well after waiting for about 1 hour, my brother Drew said very quietly "Beth, be quiet grab your gun and turn around" I thought he was joking because it was still early, so I turned around and said "what?" He told me again "Be quiet and turn around." So I did and saw a baby elk and said "No Way" I want a big one. Then Lena and my brother whispered look to your left and there was another Elk. It looked really small because it was down hill and the grass was really tall. I told them I don't want a baby and they said it isn't just shoot it. So I got ready and it started to move, so I told Drew to call it and he did the elk stopped and I shot it. Well after I shot I had it in the scope and it didn't move, not even a flinch. There were 4 other elk and they barely ran away, they were still staring at us! So Drew was telling me reload I think you missed it. So I reloaded looked back in the scope and didn't see the elk. So I looked at the other ones to look for blood and said I missed it and they are not even scared of me should I shoot a different one? Then Lena said "you got it, it stood there for a few seconds took a couple steps forward and just dropped." So we started heading over and I actually got it and it was HUGE it wasn't a baby (thank goodness). I was so excited. I do have pix but I can't find my camera but as soon as I find it I will post some pix!

So the funny part is that 4 years ago I got an elk on October 20th, which was my niece Evi's 1st birthday. When I realized that my hunt was over her b-day again I told everyone I will get it on her b-day just watch. I didn't even realize until I got to my parents that it was on Evi's b-day again, so I thought that was hilarious! At least I will never forget the day that I got my first two elk! =)

1 comment:

Jill Gammill, M.A.E.d said...

Good now I wont call you a "baby elk killer!"

Our Texas trip

Our Texas trip
Scared of the Goats

Chasing the goats and sheep

Catching Kaden on the rope swing

Staying away from the water

Yes this is a deer at the house!

The Alamo

The Alamo
Kaden and Mommy

Ashton and Mommy